Friday, April 22, 2016

Soar with the Eagles

Growing up in Alaska, I loved to watch the bald eagles perched atop a tall, wind-gnarled tree or soaring alone high on currents of air. The eagle--symbol of the United states of America--regal and majestic, rises above the squabbles of the other birds.

Courtesy Google.com
The eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks and prepares. It flies to a high spot and waits for the winds to come. When the storm hits, it set its wings so the wind will pick it up and lift it above the chaos.

While the storm rages below, it uses the strong air currents to lift it higher. Unlike other birds that struggle in the midst of the storm, the eagle rides effortlessly above it on the winds that brought the storm.

I admire the eagle and want to emulate its qualities. When the storms of life assail me, and they will come sooner or later, I want to rise above them. I can only do that by setting my mind and faith on God. The storms of life do not have to buffet me and overwhelm me. I can allow God's power to lift me above the storms.

Over the years, I've discovered that its not the trials and burdens of life that weigh us down and buffet us; it's how we handle them. God wants to enable us to ride the winds of the storms that bring sickness, tragedy, failure, and disappointment into our lives. He can help us soar above them.

Are you facing a storm in your life today? Set your wings of faith and wait for the winds of the Holy Spirit to pick you up and lift you above the storm to soar in heavenly places with Him.

Ephesians 2:6 tells us that God wants to raise us up and "make us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus." After we see our lives from God's bird's eye perspective, we can then face our trials and troubles and "run and not grow weary, and walk and not be faint" (Isaiah 40:31) because we are doing it in His strength and power, not our own.

Come soar with Him today!
Courtesy Google.com

To receive an e-mail notifying you when I publish a new blog post, fill out the coupon to the right.

Check out my books set in Alaska on my website: www.annaleeconti.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment